The discovery trail at night allows guests to see the forests come alive during the nighttime. With the sense of sight at minimum, focus is placed on night time floral and faunal highlights. Light executions await guests at major trail stops. A campfire is prepared mid-walk for rest and snacking.
3-4 hours for the full round
Terrain and Trail Characteristics:
- Trail visit will be done at sun-down and through the night time.
- The same path as the day trail will be used.
- It is lined with rock and concrete blocks making it easy to cover the area. However, there are still ups and downs in the trail. A hanging bridge is an integral part of the full trail. There are rope courses through the main trail.
Limited to persons 13 years of age and above for security purposes; Outdoor and Nature Enthusiasts curious of nature’s details; Regular and Beginner Hikers; Groups and Families who are looking for a unique experience together away from the city.
- Local Park Ranger Guide (As we strive to take community members as park rangers, please note that we cannot guarantee an English speaking guide. Furthermore, we encourage the use of Filipino language among our rangers for groups not primarily composed of foreigners).
- Complimentary Campfire with Light Refreshments (Indigenous Tea, Grilled Homemade Chorizo and Vegetables)
- Helmets with Headlamps
- Light bags that may be used through the trail
- Guests are encouraged to bring their own water jugs (1 litre recommended) as refill stations are available at Silungan.
Visit Request Process, Conservation Fees, and Terms and Condition:
We can only entertain private group requests. The conservation fee will be at PHP 1,800.00.Kindly see the request for visit page, and go to “Discovery Trail at Night”, for the request process and complete information. Prices, terms, and conditions are subject to changes without prior notice.
Good to know:
- Restrooms and Shower Rooms. Restrooms are only available at the briefing area (Silungan) and the ending point (Liwasan). There are no shower rooms available. Water sources are difficult to come by in the area.
- Meals. Eat a sufficient meal prior to heading to the georeserve to ensure a comfortable walk . Meals are not allowed to be brought inside, and light snacks prepared are only served near the end of the trail, prior to the final ascent.
- It would be wise to be familiar with the directions ahead of time, as signal can be erratic or none existent in the area. Directions may be found here.
- Transportation Provider. Recommendations for transport providers from Metro Manila are available for our guests’ convenience. Kindly inquire with us should there be a separate need for this.