“Passion is lifted from the earth itself
by the muddy hands of the young;
it travels along grass-stained sleeves to the heart.
If we are going to save environmentalism and the environment,
we must also save an endangered indicator species:
the child in nature.”
– Richard Louv, “The Last Child in the Woods”
1.5 hours of guided walk
The 1.5 hour family trail brings you through the grounds at Liwasan – a rest stop hidden in between two towering rock peaks inside the discovery trail. The family trail is a much shorter version of the discovery trail designed for variety of age groups – from young children their families and adults who would prefer it. Let our park rangers reintroduce you to a place home to all of us and many different forms of life. Complimentary snacks are served after the guided walk. Afterwards, plenty of time is given for free play and doing nothing within this secret garden.
Terrain & Trail Characteristics:
While starting and ending with brief but steep descents and ascents, the rest of the grounds at Liwasan are relatively flatter then other trails. The area has less inclines and challenging ropes. Alternate paths are present.
Outdoor Nature Play for Children:
The family trail is designed to introduce young ones 7 years of age above and their families to the great outdoors. This trail experience is for parents and their kids eager to explore this, as well as adults who may prefer this.
Local Park Ranger Guide, complimentary light refreshments; Guests are encouraged to bring their own water jugs (1 litre recommended) as refill stations are only available at Silungan and Liwasan.
As we strive to take community members as park rangers, please note that we cannot guarantee an English speaking guide. Furthermore, in an effort to renew interest in the Filipino language, we encourage the use of the language for groups primarily composed of Filipinos.
Visit Request Process, Conservation Fees, and Terms and Condition:
We can only entertain private group requests. The introductory conservation fee is at PHP 1,000.00/guest for both adults and children. For requests to visit during the soft launch period, kindly message us email@example.com. There must at least be a 1:2 adult to child (7-9 years of age) ratio in the group for safety considerations. Prices, terms, and conditions are subject to changes without prior notice.
Good to know:
- Restrooms and Shower Rooms. Restrooms are only available at the briefing area (Silungan) and the ending point (Liwasan). There are no shower rooms available. Water sources are difficult to come by in the area.
- Meals. Eat a sufficient meal prior to heading to the georeserve to ensure a comfortable walk Meals are not allowed to be brought inside, and light snacks prepared are only served near the end of the trail.
- It would be wise to be familiar with the directions ahead of time, as signal can be erratic or none existent in the area. Directions may be found here.
- Transportation Provider. Recommendations for transport providers from Metro Manila are available for our guestsʼ convenience. Kindly inquire with us should there be a separate need for this.